At the present time, with the mobile traffic making up a large percentage of Internet usage across the globe, this is becoming highly important to understand the ways how the mobile users interact with the site from smaller devices while crafting mobile experiences accordingly. The mobile friendly sites are those, which are easy to navigate as well as easy to accessible on the smaller screens of tablets or smartphones. These sites are developed, designed and optimized in such a manner so that every user gets the best experience possible.
So, in case your site offers an enhanced mobile experience or doesn’t support the mobile devices, then this is the high time to make amends. The creativity incorporated into the modern browsers has optimized the mobile experience through some wonderful features like pinch-to-zoom and automated modification of font size.
Regardless of the format that you select for creating the mobile friendly site with responsive web development service, there are a handful of features a mobile friendly site should have. These features will be highly necessary for the mobile optimization and design strategies.
So, if your site has these following features, then these will be known as mobile friendly. Here are the details:
- Well formatted content, which is easy to scan: The majority of the web users skim through the web contents rather than following every word from top to bottom, searching for the details that are relevant to their needs. So, it is necessary to format the contents keeping this thing in mind. List, bullets, subheads and headings are all great strategies for breaking up text and therefore these make contents easier to scan.
- Effective navigation system: It is important for the website usability. The details must be categorized by the menus and tabs, which are identified clearly. This way, the users can locate the specific details easily that they are in search of. Other important factors of good navigation include: strong internal links, effective search feature and informative header and footer on every page.
- Faster loading time: Nothing can be more annoyed for the website visitors than visiting web pages, which take a long time to load. In general, the visitors just need to wait for 4-6 seconds to load the pages. If it takes more than that, then the visitors are prone to visit the competitor’s sites. So, in case you are mobile friendly, then your site has to load quickly for maintain clients.
- Limited or optimized multimedia: In case you are planning to add images or videos in the mobile content while making it sure that this is added in such a manner that it would not get blocked by some specific mobile operating systems. Some of the specific smartphone operating systems block images and videos while being unable to scale the screen size correctly while others offer the option to block images and/or videos.
- Contrasting color scheme: Maintaining the right contrast between the content and the background of a site is considered as one of the most basic principles of responsive web design. With a good contrast, it is actually possible to make a content easy to read and legible. Besides, this is also an effective medium for drawing attention to vital phrases and words while making it easier for the users to scan the web page quickly.
- Contact details: As with the standard desktop website contents, the responsive website contents should also include easy-to-find contact details for the company. The contact details must include: the company name, physical address, telephone number or other important data or credentials. This thing not only makes it easy for people to find out and to reach to the company, but this also lends more legitimacy, credibility and authority to the online contents while offering the site owner the appearance of being a trustworthy and established company to do business with.
- Integration with the social media: It is highly important to add social sharing option to every mobile friendly website. Giving the site visitors the scope to share the contents on social media networks would expose the contents to larger audience while increasing the potential for more leads, site traffic, sales, profits or conversions.